Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants

Total Pageviews

7/12/13

What about Kabob and his Gyros

What About Kabob & His Gyros
http://whataboutkabob.weebly.com/
713 WSW loop 323
River Oaks Plaza
Tyler, TX 75703

What about Kabob? on Urbanspoon

What about Kabob and his Gyros is a little place just west of the loop and Broadway/69. This place has a 'hip' vibe, with a lot of young people working the counter/grill. The walls are covered with customer 'graffiti' that contributes to the cool factor. They obviously specialize in Gyros.

The spread: Gyros are at the top of the list with a variety of different combinations of ingredients to make your gyros your own. They also offer some pretty good appetizers felafel and other 'Greek' themed fare.

The verdict: I really like this little place. The hours are a little weird and I seem to show up when they are closed. They make their pita bread fresh to order, take care of their rotisserie meat and have a nice cucumber sauce. The gyros are more than enough for a meal. My wife and kids like them too. It is unfortunately one of those places that I don't really think about all that often, and I am always very satisfied with the food. I like this place so much that it is one of the "Tyler" specific places I recommended to a good friend of mine who was driving through town.   My only drawback is there somewhat limited menu, although they do one thing and they do it well - GYROS!

Edible Tyler Roses: 4 out of 5. Go get a great Gyro.

1 comment:

  1. It's unfortunate but they seem to have really declined in quality this year. I'm not sure what's changed, but I had their food earlier and honestly thought their humus was made of refried beens, with garlic oil and a hefty amount of spices to try to cover their tracks. The Gyros are okay, but not what they once were.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete