Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants

Total Pageviews

7/18/13

Cracker Barrel - ugh

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store and Restaurant

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store on Urbanspoon

Cracker Barrel is a restaurant just off I-20 near I-69, south of Lindale.  This is a chain restaurant that has a 'country store' in front of house and a restaurant in back.  The menu is classic southern diner fare.  I have good memories of Cracker Barrel from my childhood and always liked wandering around in the store prior to my meals.

The spread:  The menu has breakfast, lunch and dinner items offered all day.  I am particularly fond of their breakfast menu with various combinations of sausage, bacon, toasts, BISCUITS, pancakes, french toast, pork chops, chicken fried steaks, eggs, omelets, etc.  Their dinner/lunch menu offers standard southern cooking to include sandwiches, many veggie sides (black eye peas, green beans, etc), meatloaf, chicken fried steak, roast beef, fried chicken, etc.  I usually go with a pork chops and egg breakfast or go with the chicken fried steak.

The verdict:  Well, usually Cracker Barrel does a decent job of getting out some tasty food.  Definitely not top of the line cuisine, but servicable Southern favorites.  I am particularly fond of their biscuits, pancakes, rolls and cornbread.  The place is also very family friendly with a lot of young critters running around.  The only caveat to this is that my wife got a classic case of food poisoning at the Tyler/Lindale location, and really, you only get to keep my wife up all night dry heaving once.  We will never return.

Edible Tyler Roses: 0 out of 5.  I just can't go back here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment