Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants

Total Pageviews

10/1/10

Liang's Chinese Restaurant

Liang's Chinese Restaurant
1828 E Southeast Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701



Liang's Chinese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

My wife and I have been searching for some decent Chinese food in Tyler, and I decided to Liang's a try. The restaurant is on the loop, just west of Troup in the Alberston's parking lot. The location is a little odd, however, the restaurant is beautifully decorated on the interior. We have eaten there a few times now and every time the owner is there being a perfect host.

The spread: We have had the sweet and sour pork, pepper steak, chicken with peanuts (kung pao), pork fried rice, Peking shrimp and the egg drop and wonton soups.

The verdict: After the first bite of soup, my wife declared, this is the second best egg drop soup I have ever had! (She is infatuated with an egg drop soup with corn from a Chinese place in Conroe, TX). After digging into the chicken with peanuts and pork fried rice, we looked up at one another with a smile on our faces. We both knew we had found our local Chinese restaurant. The pepper steak and sweet and sour pork were also very solid. The only disappointment for me was the Peking shrimp. The owner promised me it was the best thing on the menu. The shrimp are battered in a light batter then tossed in a Peking sauce that is a little sweet and a little spicy. It was just okay for me, as it was a little rich. It was a lot of shrimp though! The portions are good and the prices are fair (10 bucks or so for a main, 7 bucks for fried rice).

Edible Tyler Roses: 4 out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. We haven't tried this place, yet. We may have to. No Peking shrimp, though, which isn't much of a problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, the soup in Conroe is actually called velvet corn soup, so this is honestly the best egg drop soup I've ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete