Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants

Total Pageviews

5/24/11

Little Italy - neighborhood favorite.

Little Italy
3320 South Broadway Avenue
Tyler, TX 75701-7818
(903) 595-1184
No website.

Little Italy on Urbanspoon

This is a locally owned restaurant just inside the loop. I have been several times with the wife and with some friends of ours. This place reminds me of the old style neighborhood restaurants where a family owned and operated the place.

The spread: I have to say that I am very impressed with their menu. They have an assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, pizza, seafood, and multiple types of pastas. I have had the pizza, the meatball sandwich, chicken marsala, chicken piccata, ravioli and tortilleni. The prices are very resonable to cheap for Italian food. The dinners all come with either a salad or a beef/cabbage stew (Get the stew!). The always bring out fresh baked dinner rolls with a nice italian seasoning (great for sopping up soup). We have never had enough room to try one of their desserts.

The verdict: This is one of those places that I really love. The wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The food is uniformly good to great and the portions are large. There is a wide selection (to include options for kids - my son devoured his pizza and my one year old daughter ate her whole meatball - total cost under 3 bucks). The pizza is thin-crust and delicious. The sandwich are massive and filled full of Italian goodness. I have been very pleased with all the pasta dishes I have tried. The decor is homey. I just don't have a bad thing to say about this well run restaurant. This is definitely one of my favorites in Tyler.

Edible Tyler Roses: 4.5 out of 5, skip the chains, this place is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment