Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants

Total Pageviews

5/25/11

Cheddar's - worth a look.

Cheddar's Casual Cafe
6701 Broadway Ave
Tyler, Texas 75703-4731
(903) 534-1700
http://www.cheddars.com/

Cheddar's Casual Cafe on Urbanspoon

Cheddar's is one of my wife's favorites. She loves the salads, the strawberry lemonade and their dinner rolls. It is located just south of Grande off of I-69/Broadway. I am not a big fan of chains, and their decor is bland but ok. One bonus is they are pretty kid friendly.

The spread: They have a wide ranging menu with plenty of selections ranging from salads, soups, sandwiches, 'classics', burgers, and steaks. The dessert menu is also pretty good. What is most impressive are their prices. The menu and decor are pretty much a carbon copy of Bennigan's or Chili's, but their prices are significantly less for food of the same quality.

The verdict: I have to say that I am impressed every time that I go to Cheddar's. Sure, it is chain food, but the prices are right and the food is good. Plus it doesn't hurt that it makes my wife happy. The service is usually good, with food coming out quickly and drinks refilled in a timely manner. They also have a large drink selection, which is always a bonus in Tyler. I have had the double decker club, the monte cristo and the bacon burger. My wife likes the lemon pepper chicken. The portions are large and the food is cooked right and tasted good.

Edible Tyler Roses: 3 out of 5, solid chain food.

No comments:

Post a Comment