Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants

Total Pageviews

2/4/15

Steak N Shake -

Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake on Urbanspoon

Steak N Shake is a new chain burger joint just south of the UT Tyler campus off of University.  They are well known in north country (I have been a number of times up in Yankee land) and opened up not too long ago here in Tyler.  The outside looks like a updated burger joint chain.  They have been outrageously busy a number of times when I wanted to try them out, but I finally tried them out a few weeks ago in the drive through.

The spread:  It has been a while since I tried out Steak 'n Shake and the first thing that struck me is that many of their combo meals are fairly cheap.  They get you because most of the combo meals don't include a drink. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I've never been for breakfast.  They offer "steak" burgers of varying size and cost, chili (with spaghetti), sandwiches (grilled chicken, fried chicken, turkey club, etc), salads, fries, and of course shakes.

The verdict:  I am to say I wasn't excited to try Steak 'n Shake, but my wife really wanted to give it a try, so we stopped by one day on our way out of town.  The service was friendly and they lived up to "fast" food.  We got our order and hit the road.  The burgers were surprisingly good for the money.  Very good bun, fresh veggies and tasty burger patty (although pretty flat and definitely well done).  They also had the option to add a 'flavor' to your fries and I very much enjoyed the Parmesan cheese addition.  We didn't try the shakes that day, but they do their shakes right.  They use real ice cream, milk and they are good.

Edible Tyler Roses:  3.5 out of 5, solid fast food.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't care for it much. Granted I went there rather late, but that should be a problem as there was that many people there and they should fry them up right away. The fries were cold, and the burger was greasy. I was cheap, but I'd rather go back to Whataburger or Wendy's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To begin back when they first opened it was chaotic, but at least things were prepared right and the building was clean, now they have roaches in the kitchen, and they never clean the dishroom or the fryers properly , surprised more people aren't sick than there has been already, they don't change gloves after touching different foods and the managers are the laziest managers to ever run a store, the employees don't care and I personally can't see how they haven't been shut down, the only reason they didn't get shut down a week ago is because the health department gave them 24 hours to clean the store , you don't wanna know how much gunk we pulled up that came in contacted with food. I wouldn't be surprised if they get shut down next time. They can't even keep people to work for them because of how bad they treat and pay them

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete