Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants Tyler Texas Food Blog Tyler restaurants

Total Pageviews

2/1/11

Jalapeno Tree

Jalapeno Tree
420 W Southwest Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701-9404
(903) 509-0600

http://www.jalapenotree.com/

Jalapeno Tree Mexican Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Went out to eat here one evening with some good friends of mine. We back all our children and braved the freezing temperature and snow to get some Mexican food. It is just to the west of Broadway/I-69 and loop 323. This is a chain that has locations throughout east and south-east Texas.

The spread: I have to give them credit on their menu. It looks great and has cute names for all the meals. They have the standard Tex-mex fair: fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, tamales, nachos, etc. There really wasn't anything on the menu that really set them apart as a Tex-mex restaurant. The restaurant was also festively decorated.

The verdict: We had a good time, but then we always do with our close friends. Everything I had was either average or above average and the prices weren't too steep. I had the "James Dean" special a beef enchilada, a cheese enchilada and taco. The rice and beans were great. I didn't ask what my friends thought of the food, but I think the general feeling was it was money well spent. We had a new server in training and other than a few hiccups, the service was above average. One of my kids decided to throw a wrench into the whole operation, so I didn't get to spend the whole meal at the table. The restaurant is very kid friendly.

Edible Tyler Roses: 3 of 5; solid Tex-mex for reasonable prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment